Scientific Advisory Board
The activities of the DISC are supported by a scientific advisory board. The board membership includes professors at TU Kaiserslautern and representatives from research, distance studies, university policy, and business.
The members of the Scientific Advisory Board are elected by the Senate for a term of three years.
The duty of the Scientific Advisory Board is to advise the DISC on program strategy and development as well as in the fundamental and university policy issues.
At its July 16, 2014 meeting, the Senate confirmed a term of office of three years for the following persons:
- Karl-Heinz Dielmann – Stadtsparkasse Kaiserslautern
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Glatthaar – Advisory Board, TU Kaiserslautern (Chairperson)
- Prof. Dr. Ralf Korn – TU Kaiserslautern, Dept. of Mathematics
- Dr. Bernd Krewer – Head of GiZ/VEZ
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Neuser – TU Kaiserslautern, Dept. of Social Sciences
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Ekkehard Nuissl von Rein – Institute for Adult Education, Bonn, TU Kaiserslautern
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Roth – TU Kaiserslautern, Dept. of Business Studies and Economics
- Prof. Dr. Christiane Ziegler – TU Kaiserslautern, Dept. of Physics