Academic Advisory Council
TheDISC is accompanied in its work by a Academic Advisory Council. It consists of professors from the TU Kaiserslautern as well as representatives from science, distance learning, university politics and business.
The members of the Academic Advisory Council are elected by the Senate for a term of three years.
The task of the Academic Advisory Council is to advise the DISC on fundamental and higher education policy issues, programme strategy and programme development. The current advisory council consists of the following persons:
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Baum - TU Kaiserslautern, FB Wirtschaftswissenschaften (Department of Economic Sciences),
- Karl-Heinz Dielmann - Stadtsparkasse Kaiserslautern (City Savings Bank),
- Prof. Dr. Ralf Korn - TU Kaiserslautern, FB Mathematik (Department of Mathematics),
- Dr. Bernd Krewer - GIZ GmbH,
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Neuser - TU Kaiserslautern, FB Sozialwissenschaften (Department of Social Sciences),
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Ekkehard Nuissl von Rein - Deutsches Institut für Erwachsenenbildung (German Institute for Adult Education), Bonn, TU Kaiserslautern,
- Prof. Dr. Christiane Ziegler - TU Kaiserslautern, FB Physik (Department of Physics).